Category: Dessert Recipes
- For the cake
- 1 15oz box yellow cake mix
- 6oz raspberry Jell-O gelatin
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1-16oz bag frozen blackberries, still frozen
- For Sweet Cream
- 1/2 stick butter, softened
- 1- 8oz package cream cheese, softened
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp milk, or more to taste
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tbsp Rustlin' Rob's Mexican Vanilla
- Grease and flour a 9x13 inch cake pan. Set aside. In a large bowl combine cake mix, eggs, oil, and dry Jello powder on high speed with electric mixer for about 2 minutes.
- Fold in the berries. Pour into the prepared 9x13-inch pan. Use a very sturdy spatula to scrape it all in. The batter will be very thick and a bit difficult to stir. Pour the batter into prepared 9x13-inch pan.
- Bake at 350 until a fork inserted in the center comes out clean, about 40-45 minutes. Allow cake to cool completely. The cake will turn rather brown on top, browner than a normal cake. Allow cake to cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, make the sweet cream by beating cream cheese and butter together until smooth. Gradually add powdered sugar. Add milk and salt. Add in Rustlin' Rob's Mexican Vanilla
- Use an offset spatula to spread sweet cream over the cooled cake. You can serve the cake right away at room temperature, but it's also very good if you cover and let it chill.
Additional Rustlin' Rob's products
NOTE: Don't use frozen berries that you have let sit and come to room temperature. They will turn to mush. You can store cake on the counter for several days, or the fridge for up to a week.
ADAPTED FROM: The Food Charlatan