Category: Dessert Recipe
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 tsp Rustlin' Rob's Mexican Vanilla
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup Rustlin' Rob's Pure Honey
- 3/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- In a large bowl, cream sugar and butter until blended. Beat in eggs, one at a time, and extracts. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Wrap dough; refrigerate until firm enough to form into balls, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°. For topping, combine sugar and cinnamon; set aside. Shape dough into 1-in. balls; refrigerate again if dough becomes too warm. Place 2-1/2 in. apart on parchment-lined baking sheets. Bake 8 minutes. Press a deep indentation in center of each cookie with the back of a rounded teaspoon. Fill each with pure honey and walnuts; sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. Return to oven and bake until edges begin to brown, 7-9 minutes longer. Cool on pans 1 minute. Remove to wire racks to cool. Store in an airtight container.
Additional Rustlin' Rob's products
ADAPTED FROM: Taste of Home