Heat Level: Medium
Category: Side Dish
- 2 (28 oz) cans Bush’s Original Baked Beans (use the juice, do not rinse beans)
- 1 lb. bacon – (cooked extra crispy and crumbled)
- 1 medium onion – chopped
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup or 1/2 bottle Rustlin' Rob's Bourbon BBQ Sauce
- 2 (1.5 oz) shots premium whiskey (we used Bourbon)
- ¼ cup brown sugar – to sprinkle on top
- Cook bacon and set aside. Use a tablespoon of bacon grease to cook onions until soft. Combine beans, Worcestershire sauce, and Rustlin' Rob's Bourbon BBQ Sauce in a large bowl. Pour the onions and drippings into the mix. Stir ingredients together.
- Pour ½ bean mixture in a casserole pan, sprinkle ½ bacon on top. Pour rest of beans in pan, top with remaining bacon. Sprinkle brown sugar on top.
- OVEN: Bake at 350° uncovered for 45 minutes.
- SLOW COOKER: Place contents in slow cooker and turn on low for 3-4 hours until heated through and flavors have blended.