Heat Level: Mild
Category: Side Dish - Beans & Grains
- 2 (28 oz) cans Bush’s Baked Beans
- 1 lb. bacon – (cooked extra crispy and crumbled)
- 1 medium onion – chopped
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- ½ cup or ½ bottle Smokey Mountain Whiskey Glaze
- 2 (1.5 oz) shots premium whiskey (we used Crown Royal)
- ¼ cup brown sugar – to sprinkle on top
- Cook bacon and set aside. Use tablespoon of bacon grease to cook onions until soft. Combine beans, Worcestershire sauce and Smokey Mountain Whiskey Glaze in large bowl. Pour the onions and drippings into the mix. Stir ingredients together.
- Pour ½ bean mixture in a casserole pan, sprinkle ½ bacon on top. Pour rest of beans in pan, top with remaining bacon. Sprinkle brown sugar on top.
- OVEN: Bake at 350° uncovered for 45 minutes.
- SLOW COOKER: Place contents in slow cooker and turn on low for 3-4 hours until heated through and flavors have blended.
NOTE: These baked beans are easy to make and taste awesome.