Heat Level: Mild
Category: Main Dish - Meatless, Appetizers
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3 cups corn (about 4 ears), cut from the cob
- ½ jalapeno, seeded and finely diced
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 avocados, mashed
- ½ tsp salt
- Baguette ¼ inch thick slices
- Rustlin’ Rob’s Spicy Chipotle Garnishing Squeeze
- queso fresco
- Melt the butter in a heavy skillet over medium-high heat, add the corn, toss and let it sit cooking until charred, stir and charr again, about 6-10 minutes, before removing from heat.
- Slice baguette into ¼ inch thick slices and toast until golden brown.
- Spread an even layer of Spicy Chipotle Garnishing Squeeze on one side of the baguette, then set aside.
- Mix the corn, jalapenos, and green onions together in a bowl to make your corn salad.
- In a separate bowl mix the avocado, lime juice and salt, spread it on the toast, top with the corn salad and cover each piece of toast with layer of queso fresco!