- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter (softened)
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbsp Rustlin' Robs Mexican Vanilla
- 1/2 cup Rustlin' Rob's Apple Butter
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- For the Topping:
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Whisk flour, baking powder, cream of tartar and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Cream butter and 1 1/4 cups sugar in a mixer until fluffy. Mix in eggs, vanilla, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, and apple butter.
- Beat just until mixed. Add in flour mixture and mix until just blended together. Chill dough at least 4 hours. This dough MUST be cold before baking. Because of all the butter and apple butter, the cookies will spread quite a bit if you skip the chilling.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line cookie sheets with parchment.
- Place 1 teaspoon cinnamon and 1/3 cup sugar in a small bowl.
- Scoop balls of cookie dough ( I used a 2 tablespoon cookie scoop) and roll them in the cinnamon sugar.
- If cooking right away: Place on cookie sheet. We recommend only scooping 2 cookie sheets at a time, and re-chill the dough in fridge, while those two trays bake.
- Bake for 13-14 minutes. (If cooking from freezer: bake for 15 minutes.)
NOTE: Optional: Freeze the balls on a cookie sheet then move to a gallon freezer bag. When frozen, you can cook as many as preferred at a time.