Heat Level: Mild
Category: Dessert, Holiday/Seasonal - Christmas
- 1 + ½ cup chopped pecans, divided
- 1 (15.25 oz.) pkg. yellow cake mix without pudding
- 1 (5.1 oz.) pkg. vanilla instant pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup amaretto liqueur
- 1 tsp. almond extract
- 1 jar of Rustlin' Rob's Amaretto Peach Pecan Preserves
- 2 tsp water
- Sprinkle 1 cup pecans into bottom of a well-greased and floured 10-inch tube pan; set aside.
- Combine cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, oil, water, amaretto liqueur, and almond extract in a mixing bowl. Beat on low speed of an electric mixer until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Increase speed to medium, and beat 4 minutes. Stir in remaining 1/2 cup pecans.
- Pour batter into prepared tube pan. Bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool cake in pan 10-15 minutes; remove from pan and cool completely.
- Pour preserves into a microwavable bowl and heat for 30 seconds then stir in water and microwave for 15 seconds more then slowly pour glaze over top of cake and serve.
ADAPTED FROM: i.pinimg.com/originals