Heat Level: Varies
Category: Appetizers - Cheese balls, Holiday/Seasonal - Thanksgiving
- 16 oz room temperature cream cheese
- 8 oz jar of spreadable cheddar
- 1 pkg any Rustlin' Rob's Dip Mix
- 2-3 cups chopped pecans
- 1 large pretzel stick
- bag of small pretzel sticks
- candy corn
- candy eyeballs
- red fruit roll ups
- Royal Icing:
- 3 egg whites
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- In a bowl mix together the cream cheese, spreadable cheddar, and Rustlin' Rob's Dip Mix of your choice until completely combined.
- Spoon mixture out onto a sheet of plastic wrap and wrap up. Gently form the mixture into a ball using your hands then place in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours or 30 min in freezer.
- To Make Royal Icing: In a large bowl add 3 egg whites and beat with electric hand mixer until frothy. Add confectioners sugar gradually and beat on low speed until sugar is incorporated, turn up speed to high and beat until mixture forms stiff glossy peaks. (This can be made prior, will last up to 3 days in fridge)
- To Build Turkey Head: Place your royal icing in a piping bag with a small point tip. "glue" the eyeball onto the large pretzel stick with the icing, about 1 inch from top. Then glue the candy corn underneath those for the turkey beak. (It is important to let the icing set.)
- Remove cheese ball from refrigerator and unwrap. On a flat surface or plate roll cheese ball in pecans. Be sure to completely cover the cheese ball.
- Now press the large pretzel stick about half way down into the cheese ball. Starting at the lower back of the cheese ball poke in the small pretzel sticks about 1/4 of the way to create the turkey feathers. Work your way upwards until your turkey is as full as desired. Insert candy corn for beak.
- Refrigerate until you are about to serve. Once ready to serve, pull out of fridge and cut your fruit roll-up about 3 inches long and 1/2 inch width strip and wrap around candy corn beak letting some of it hang to be your gobbler.
- Serve with crackers and enjoy!