Heat Level: Mild
- 2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup butter (room temp)
- 2 eggs
- 3 + 3/4 cups flour
- pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp hot water
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp Rustlin' Rob's Mexican Vanilla
- 2 cups pecans (chopped)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix brown sugar, butter, and eggs. Add flour and salt, mix well.
- Combine hot water and baking soda, add to the mixture, along with Mexican Vanilla and pecans. Blend well.
- Divide dough into logs and roll each log in plastic wrap. Refrigerate overnight or freeze until ready to bake.
- Slice dough into 1/2 inch thick pieces and lay them in rows on a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
Additional Rustlin' Rob's products
NOTE: Freezing the logs makes slicing easier when preparing to bake. We shorten the cooking time just a few minutes for a softer cookie. For a crunchy cookie cook for a full 12 minutes.
ADAPTED FROM: Oma Kathie Hazelett