Heat Level: Mild
- 2 1/2 lbs of sweet potatoes
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 6 eggs (2 large eggs, 4 egg yolks)
- 2/3 cup whole milk or heavy cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 tsp Rustlin' Rob's Mexican Vanilla
- 2 frozen deep dish crust
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Begin by washing the sweet potatoes.
- Put them in a large pot to boil on high heat for 30 minutes or until fork-tender. Set aside.
- After potatoes have cooled, peel them.
- Chop butter into chunks and add it to sweet potatoes. The butter should melt over the potatoes.
- Add in sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla, and eggs.
- Using a mixer mix all ingredients together.
- Make sure you have no lumps in your pie mixture.
- For the store-bought pie crust, cut about 4-5 slits in them so the crust remains flat. Place the pie crust in the oven at 325 for about 10 minutes.
- Remove pie curt from oven and let cool. Raise oven temp to 350.
- Once cool, pour in pie mixture and using a spoon smooth out any lumps over the top.
- Then place your pies in the oven at 350 for 50-60 minutes or until pies are firm to the touch.
- After taking pies out from the oven set them aside to cool.
NOTE: After I blended the potatoes and butter I changed to the whisk attachment.