Category: Dessert Recipe
- 1 + 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1/2 white sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups mashed canned candied yams ( or 2 cups sweet potatoes)
- 1 + 1/2 tsp Rustlin' Rob's Mexican Vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- Optional : 1 cup walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine sugars, oil, egg, sweet potatoes, and Mexican vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, mix dry ingredients together, and then add to wet ingredients.
- Stir until combined, then add in walnuts, if desired.
- Pour into 2 standard loaf pans and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes ( or until a knife inserted comes out clean).