Heat Level: Medium
Category: Slow Cooker - Pork, Main Dish - Pork, Holiday/Seasonal - Red, White, & Blue, Game Day
- 3 lbs St. Louis style ribs, trimmed (cut silver skin off)
- Rustlin’ Rob’s Pig Squeal Rub, to taste.
- 1 19.4 oz. bottle Rustlin’ Rob’s Medium Absolutely Wild BBQ sauce (For more heat use Hot version of this sauce)
- 1 large onion cut into rings
- Spray slow cooker with non-stick spray.
- Season ribs generously with Pig Squeal Rub.
- Layer the ribs and onion in the slow cooker. I like to cut them in sections of 4 or 5 ribs and stand the sections up.
- Cook on High for 4 hours (or Low for 8 hours).
- Preheat oven to Broil.
- Transfer ribs to a baking sheet. Coat ribs with barbeque sauce.
- Broil in preheated oven until the sauce caramelizes and sticks to the meat, turn and finish on other side.