Heat Level: Mild
Category: Slow Cooker - Vegetables, Side Dish - Vegetables, Holiday/Seasonal - Thanksgiving
- ¼ cup butter
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 4 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into ½ inch-thick slices
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- ½ jar Rustlin’ Rob’s Apple Walnut Butter
- Microwave butter in a microwave-safe bowl at HIGH 30 seconds to 1 minute or until melted; stir in vanilla, salt, and apple walnut butter.
- Layer potatoes and brown sugar in a lightly greased 6-qt. slow cooker, beginning with potatoes and ending with sugar. Pour butter mixture over top. Cover and cook on High 3-4 hours or until potatoes are tender.
- Transfer potatoes to a serving dish using a slotted spoon, reserving liquid in slow cooker. Keep potatoes warm.
- Remove 1/3 cup liquid from slow cooker; whisk cornstarch into 1/3 cup liquid until smooth. Carefully pour remaining liquid from slow cooker into a medium saucepan. Whisk in cornstarch mixture. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook 1 to 2 minutes or until thickened. Pour over potatoes. Serve immediately.