Heat Level: Mild
Category: Slow Cooker - Beef, Soup, Stew & Chili
- 2 tbsp. oil
- 2 lbs. beef stew meet
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 lb. small red potatoes, quartered
- 4 carrots, roughly chopped
- 2 large celery sticks, chopped
- 1 cup peas
- 1 package of Rustlin' Rob's Sundried Tomato and Basil Dip
- 2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 cups beef broth
- 4 tbsp. flour divided
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add beef and sprinkle 2 tbsp. flour over meat. Cook until beef is browned on all sides. Remove and place in slow cooker. Add veggies to slow cooker.
- In a medium size bowl blend the dip mix, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, broth and bay leaf. Pour over the contents of slow cooker. Cook covered on low for 8 hours.
- At 8 hours remove one cup of stew liquid add the remaining 2 tbsp. flour and whisk in a skillet over medium heat until it begins to thicken.
- Add back to stew and stir let stew cook for an additional 30 min. Serve over mashed potatoes.