Heat Level: Mild
Category: Side Dish - Vegetables, Appetizer, Holiday/Seasonal - Red, White, & Blue - Game Day
- Salt to taste
- 2 lbs red or white potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 jar Rustlin’ Rob’s Marinated Mushrooms, drained
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- ½ cup crumbled fresh goat cheese
- 1 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh basil
- 1 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh chives
- Fill a large pot three-fourths full with water and bring to a boil over high heat. Add salt to taste and potatoes and cook for 5 minutes. Drain well in a colander and set aside.
- In a large nonstick frying pan over medium-high heat, melt 1 tablespoon of the butter with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Add mushrooms and sauté until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Transfer to a bowl and cover to keep warm.
- Add the remaining 2 tablespoons butter and 1 tablespoon olive oil to the same pan over medium-high heat. Add the potatoes and sauté, turning to brown all sides, 10-15 minutes. If they are too dry, add a bit more butter and oil.
- When the potatoes are browned, add the mushrooms, being careful to leave behind any excess liquid that has drained to the bottom of the bowl. Mix briefly and transfer to a serving bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper and then toss in the goat cheese, basil and chives. Serve immediately.