Heat Level: Mild
Category: Main Dish - Meatless, Snacks
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1 (14.5 oz) can fire - roasted tomatoes
- 2 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 package of Sundried Tomato Basil Dip Mix
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 red bell pepper
- 3/4 cup sliced black olives
- 1 loaf crusty bread or baguette, thinly sliced, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a food processor, combine 1/2 cup of the mozzarella, 1/2 cup of the parmesan, and the ricotta, sour cream, cream cheese, and dip mix. Blend until smooth, with no lumps of cream cheese. Spread the mixture into an even layer in the bottom of a 9x9 in baking dish.
- Mix together the fire-roasted tomatoes, Italian seasoning, and red pepper flakes in a small bowl. Carefully spread the mixture over the cheese layer so that it evenly coats the cheese and you don't see any white. Top with onion, bell pepper and sliced olives. Sprinkle the veggies with remaining mozzarella and parmesan.
- Baked for 25 minutes, then turn the oven to 450 degrees and bake until brown and crusty around the edges, another 5 minutes. Cool slightly. Serve with crusty bread.
ADAPTED FROM: Trisha Yearwood