Heat Level: Mild
Category: Breakfast, Main Dish - Pork
- 1 pie crust (Deep dish - store bought or homemade)
- 6 eggs
- 1 + ½ cup heavy cream or half and half
- 1 + ½ to 2 cups diced ham
- 1 cup chopped broccoli florets (pre-cooked to crisp-tender)
- 1 + ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp Rustlin’ Rob’s Jolokia Hot Sauce
- Preheat oven to 375°. Line pie dish with crust and prebake for 10 minutes.
- In large mixing bowl, whisk eggs and cream together. Add remaining ingredients. Combine well.
- Pour egg mixture into prebaked pie crust.
- Reduce oven to 350°. Bake quiche about 45 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
NOTE: Use heavy whipping cream for a more decadent quiche. Depending on the depth of your pie plate, you may not be able to fit all of the egg mixture into your crust.
ADAPTED FROM: Jamie Sanders