Heat Level: Mild
Category: Dessert, Holiday/Seasonal - Easter
- 1 sleeve saltine cracker about 35-40 crackers
- 1 cup unsalted butter 2 sticks
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 lb of Rustlin’ Rob’s Chocolate Fudge
- sprinkles for topping
- Preheat the oven to 400F degrees.
- Line a 13x9 inch pan with aluminum foil of parchment paper and lightly grease.
- Place the saltine crackers on the cookie sheet to cover the entire pan in 1 layer of crackers.
- Melt butter and sugar in a medium saucepan over medium heat, whisk together until fully incorporated.
- Once the butter is melted, bring to a boil for 3 minutes while stirring constantly.
- Carefully pour the mixture over the crackers. Spread it overtop so that all of the crackers are covered.
- Bake in the oven for 5 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool for 5 minutes.
- Add the fudge to a medium heatproof bowl. Microwave on medium power for 1-minute bursts, stirring between each. When the chocolate is almost melted, stir until smooth.
- Spoon the fudge over the crackers, and spread it smooth to completely cover the pan. Decorate with sprinkles.
- Let the toffee harden until the chocolate is set, in the fridge for 20-25 minutes.
- Once completely hardened, remove from the pan peel the aluminum foil off. Break/"crack" it into pieces.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days, or in the fridge for 10 days.
ADAPTED FROM: Lil' Luna