Heat Level: Mild
Category: Holiday/Seasonal - Christmas, Appetizers - Cheeseballs
- For The Dip:
- 1 package Rustlin’ Rob’s Dip Mix (your choice)
- 16 oz cream cheese (softened)
- 8 oz spreadable cheddar cheese
- For The Decorations:
- 1 + ½ - 2 cups pitted mixed olives (we used a variety of black, green and Kalamata olives not in oil) -- dried with paper towels.
- ½ cup sweet drop peppers or you can use sun dried tomatoes
- Rosemary leaves/sprigs to decorate
- Yellow bell pepper
- Crackers for serving
- Salami slices, for serving
- Prosciutto slices, for serving
- In a bowl combine all the ingredients for the dip and mix until the ingredients are well combined.
- Place a piece of non-stick plastic wrap on a clean countertop or work surface. Scoop the cream cheese mixture out onto the plastic wrap and completely cover with another piece of wrap (you may need two pieces to cover it).
- Use your hands to mold the cream cheese into a tree shape. Then, carefully pick up the tree with one hand and peel off the plastic wrap on the bottom of the tree with your other hand. Place the tree straight onto a serving plate.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour before serving or (even better) until the next day.
- Use a cake spatula to smooth the edges. Decorate with olives, peppers and rosemary leaves/sprigs, lightly pressing each element into the cream cheese to ensure they stay on. Top with a star cut out of a yellow or orange bell pepper OR a thick slice of cheese.
- Serve with crackers of your choice, salami and prosciutto slices rolled up!
Additional Rustlin' Rob's products
NOTE: The cream cheese is more stable in a wider tree shape rather than a tall, thin tree. The taller tree folds over and collapses. If you find your cream cheese has softened too much and won't hold its shape, refrigerate it until it thickens again (about 20 minutes). Pat dry each olive and peppers on a sheet of paper towel before decorating your tree to make sure they stay on, or they may slide off if covered in oil from the jar.
ADAPTED FROM: Karina