Heat Level: Mild
Category: Breakfast, Main Dish
- 10 eggs, or up to 12
- 1 green onion, diced
- 2 small zucchini, chopped
- 1/2 12-oz jar roasted red peppers, 7ounces, drained
- 1/2 14-oz package kielbasa, diced
- 2 cups spinach, about 3 handfuls
- 2 tsp Rustlin' Rob's Steak Dust Seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease two muffin tins with a great deal of nonstick spray, oil, or butter Set aside.
- Whisk all the eggs in a big bowl, or beat it with the whisk attachment.
- Add the green onion, zucchini, red peppers, and sausage to your food processor and pulse in 1-second intervals until the ingredients are finely chopped but NOT smooth. If it is not chopping evenly, spoon out the chopped food and finish pulsing the rest. Add all of this mixture to the eggs.
- Add the spinach into the processor and finely chop. Combine with whisk.
- Using a 1/4 measuring cup, fill the muffin tins, bake for 20-25 minutes or until the middle is set. Don't overcook! The egg cups will shrink down significantly once you take them out of the oven. As long as the center is set when you take them out, you can rest assured that they are baked all the way.
- If you are freezing these, wait for them to cool, then wrap them individually in plastic wrap and put them all in a ziplock bag. Seal and freeze.
- When you want to eat one, unwrap it, discard the plastic, and place it on a folded paper towel on a plate in the microwave.
- Heat for about 1-2 minutes, or until the center is warm. Don't overdo it or you will get rubbery eggs.
- Garnish with salsa and avocado and enjoy!
NOTE: You can also use other meats like bacon or even ground turkey.
ADAPTED FROM: The Food Charlatan