Category: Desserts Recipes
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/3 cup corn syrup
- 2 tbsp corn starch
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp salted butter
- 2 tbsp bourbon
- 1 container Rustlin' Rob's Bourbon Pecans
- 1 tsp Rustlin' Rob's Mexican Vanilla
- 2 puff pastry dough sheets
- 1 large egg, beaten
- Instructions: In a 2-quart saucepan, whisk together the heavy cream, corn syrup, brown sugar, corn starch, egg yolks, and salt. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently until the mixture comes to a boil. Remove from heat and stir in butter, bourbon, and vanilla. Stir in the bourbon pecans and let the pecan pie filling cool at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- To assemble the pies, thaw puff pastry at room temperature until pliable but still cold, approximately 15-30 minutes.
- Roll out each sheet on a lightly floured surface to 12-inch by 16-inch rectangles. Cut each sheet into 12 (4-inch) squares.
- Place 1 heaping scoop (1 1/2 tablespoons) pecan pie filling onto the center of each puff pastry square.
- Brush the edges of each square with the beaten egg. Fold opposite corners together to create a triangle. Dip a fork in flour and use it to press the triangles firmly along the edges to seal.
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Place the pies on parchment-lined sheet pans. Brush the pie tops with the remaining beaten egg.
- Bake the pies for 20-25 minutes, rotating the pan once halfway through.
Additional Rustlin' Rob's products
NOTE: Makes 24 pastries.
ADAPTED FROM: Restaurant Business Online