Heat Level: Mild
Category: Main Dish - Beef
- 4 large avocados
- 2 lbs ground beef seasoned with salt and pepper (We used 1 tsp. Rustlin' Rob's Steak Dust)
- 16 thin slices bacon
- 1/2 cup Rustlin' Rob's Medium BBQ Sauce
- 1 block white cheddar cheese
- Cut avocados in half, and remove the stone. Use a spoon to remove the skin.
- Cut your cheese to be the same size as the avocado stone and place in the hole left by the removed stone.
- Close avocado by placing the second half on top.
- Wrap with half pound of ground beef, smoothing over with your hands to form a football shape.
- Stretch bacon about 1-inch, and then wrap each avocado in slices of bacon (about 4 slices). Try not to overlap bacon if possible. Connect with toothpicks on end.
- Place on a medium-hot grill for 30-40 minutes until the bacon is crispy.
- Brush with BBQ sauce and grill for 10 minutes more.